Asbestos Awareness & Management
Supplied in-house to meet specific needs and reflect the particular requirements for the organisation or alternatively why not join a mixed group on our open courses always held on a Wednesday & Thursday at our North West newly refurbished 3* Hotel (Day 1 is UKATA asbestos awareness).
Persons with learning difficulties e.g. dyslexia are welcomed on the course with special arrangements made; please advise us when booking; although we always ask at the start of the course for anyone with learning difficulties to let us know privately at break time.
If you have more than six persons you may prefer to have an in-house course.
To help you decide, call Wayne on 07712 767744 and discuss the relative merits and best options for you.
Awareness & Management
Day 1 - Asbestos Awareness / Refresher
A UKATA approved asbestos awareness course (Day 1 only) providing a good introduction and refresher to anyone who may come into contact with asbestos covering the following topics:
- Asbestos Awareness (what, where, why used & health risks)
- CDM 2015; CAR 2012 (how to plan, avoid, reduce & control risk) & NEW L143 ACOP (2nd edition)
- New NNLW (notifiable non-licensed work) & when it is triggered & requirements medicals etc
- Typical asbestos in buildings (info on potential exposure & controls)
- Overview on asbestos illustrated by actual examples & samples
- Understanding HSG 210 / HSG 213 Asbestos Essentials
- PPE / RPE and control measures
- Day 1 Assessment by a multi-choice quiz
You may only need UKATA asbestos awareness, however if you are tasked with managing, organising & controlling work with asbestos you should attend both days for Asbestos Management.
Please Note: Day 1 only of this course is also available upon request with limited places.
Day 2 - Asbestos Managment
Designed to follow the asbestos awareness course but can be done at separate times; this course proves very popular with clients, managers, supervisors or anyone tasked with planning and managing asbestos including removal covering the following:
- Reg 4 duty to manage & asbestos surveys
- HSG 264 Asbestos: The survey guide (2nd edition)
- HSG 227 (priority assessment) Management of asbestos
- Virtual asbestos survey & decisions using a case study
- Considerations to leave, encapsulate or remove ACMs
- Contractor procurement, planning, supervising & work on asbestos
- Planning, managing and monitoring work with asbestos
- UKAS labs, HSG 248 air testing & hazardous waste disposal
- Day 2 assessment by a multi-choice quiz
From £590 per person
“What Our Customers Say
I enjoyed the Asbestos mgnt course, Wayne kept engaging the group with questions which helped the learning process, I felt I learnt a lot.John Ashworth
Construction Manager : Bovis Lend Lease
I found the interaction with others attending the course enjoyable & informative and would recommend this to othersMr James Payne
British Nuclear Group