Asbestos Awareness & Management
his 2 day course can also be prepared and delivered in-house to meet specific needs and reflect the particular requirements for the organisation or alternatively why not join a mixed group on our open courses always held on a Wednesday & Thursday at our North West newly refurbished 3* Hotel (Day 1 is UKATA asbestos awareness).
Persons with learning difficulties e.g. dyslexia are welcomed on the course with special arrangements made; please advise us when booking; although we always ask at the start of the course for anyone with learning difficulties to let us know privately at break time.
If you have more than six persons you may prefer to have an in-house course.
To help you decide, call Wayne on 07712 767744 and discuss the relative merits and best options for you.
Awareness & Management
Day 1 - Asbestos Awareness / Refresher
A UKATA approved asbestos awareness course (Day 1 only) providing a good introduction and refresher to anyone who may come into contact with asbestos covering the following topics:
- Asbestos Awareness (what, where, why used & health risks)
- CDM 2015; CAR 2012 (how to plan, avoid, reduce & control risk) L143 ACOP (2nd edition); risk assessment and plans of work
- NNLW (notifiable non-licensed work), when triggered & requirements medicals etc
- Typical asbestos in buildings (info on potential exposure & controls)
- Overview on asbestos illustrated by actual examples & samples
- Understanding HSG 210 / HSG 213 Asbestos Essentials
- PPE / RPE and control measures
- Day 1 Assessment by a multi-choice quiz
You may only need a 1 day UKATA asbestos awareness, however if you are tasked with managing, organising & controlling work with asbestos you should attend this 2 day for Asbestos Safety Management.
Day 2 - Asbestos Managment
Designed to follow the asbestos awareness course; this course proves very popular with clients, managers, supervisors or anyone tasked with planning and managing asbestos including Reg 4 (DTM) and asbestos removal projects covering the following:
- Reg 4 duty to manage, asbestos surveys & registers
- HSG 264 Asbestos: The survey guide (2nd edition)
- HSG 227 (priority assessment) Management of asbestos
- Virtual asbestos survey & decisions using a case study
- Considerations to leave, encapsulate or remove ACMs
- Contractor procurement from planning, supervising & working with asbestos covering risk assessment, plans of work, equipment etc
- Engaging analysts, managing and monitoring work with asbestos
- UKAS labs, NEW HSG 248 air testing & haz waste disposal
- Day 2 assessment by a multi-choice quiz
From £690 per person
“What Our Customers Say
I found the recent inhouse CDM & Asbestos course excellent, in particular the tutors engagement with participants checking & reinforcing answers.Graham Vincent
Business Mgr : BAE Systems Properties
I initially attended day 1 of the 2 day Asbestos Management course which had excellent content, delivery and was very informative, consequently I have now booked to day 2!Dave Randles
Safety Director : Simian Risk Management